New York City is a wonderful city, and many people visit this place for its amazing attractions and fun things to do, nightlife and entertainment, rich culture and amazing museums. Restaurants in NYC are a very important part of any visitors’ experience in the Big Apple. The scene of restaurants in NYC is always changing and reinventing itself. There are various restaurants in NYC providing an impressive variety of cuisines like American, Italian, Asian, Indian etc. Basically, whenever traveling to NYC trying the city’s specialties is an absolute must.
Besides the famous New York pizza, street hot dogs, corn and bagels, you will also get to enjoy a certain specialty, whose flavor is already making history all over the world.
Let us introduce you the fabulos and incredible delicious Avocado toast. Technically, this is just sliced or smashed avocado on top of a piece of toast. As you can see, it also is very simple to look at. However, once you taste it, you will immediately realize that many ingredients have collided to deliver this unique flavor.
Avocado toast is rich in fat, just like buttered toast — only bulky, silkier and yes, more nutritious. You will never complain about this apparently plain, no-frills dish, whether you are enjoying it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack or just as another excuse to eat avocado.
Here is the recipe. Share it with your friends and family, and let the world taste the delicious Avocado toast, so famous in many restaurants in NYC.
Avocado Toast with Pico de Gallo
- One piece thick cut bread
- 1/2 avocado
- Freshly squeeze lemon juice
- Salt and freshly crushed black pepper as per your taste
- 1/4 cup Pico de Gallo
- Toast the piece of fresh bread until the bread is just golden brown.
- Cut the halved avocado, remove the pit from the avocado and dump it.
- Cut out the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh in a large bowl and crush it with a fork and a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. As needed, season it with salt and pepper.
- Brunet the mashed avocado on top of the toast, followed by the pico de gallo.
- Serve hot.